Who we are: FES partners with those who strive to make politics and policies more progressive, feminist and internationalist. We are an ally to those within trade unions, social movements, political parties and academia who share the social democratic values of freedom, equality and solidarity. We work towards a more inclusive political culture, gender justice, progressive social and economic policies, a just transition and a progressive foreign policy. We facilitate international dialogue through our network of offices in more than 100 countries worldwide.
What we offer: A full-time position of a Project Assistant/Receptionist at our office in Johannesburg.
Tasks involve, but are not limited to:
- Assume tasks in logistical preparation and implementation of activities
- Manage office supplies and prepare activity materials
- Staff reception: receive visitors to the office and receive and distribute mail, email and phone calls
- Prepare and coordinate internal processes and meetings; coordinate shared office calendar and booking system for FES conference facility
- Documentation and filing
- Maintain contact data base
- Identify with the values of FES
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work on own initiative, within a team and with a wide range of people, including internationally
- Willingness to learn
- A valid driver’s license
- A good command of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
The offer includes:
- 40 hours, full time, flexible hours, home office possible
- 24.000 – 29.000 ZAR gross salary per month, depending on the candidate’s experience
- Medical aid subsidy of up to R 2.800/month
- annual leave 21 days • max 10 days study leave per year
- 15% provident fund
- 13th cheque to be paid in November.
FES is committed to diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.
A written application, incl. a letter of motivation and a CV, can be submitted via email to info(at)fes-southafrica.org by 15 March 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted.